OK, I have not touched the SQL server on my office PC. It was SQL Express 2005. There is a developer version of SQL server 2005 with VS2005, so I decided to install it.
My unluckiness started.
The uninstallation GPFed in the middle and the entry in "Add or Remove software" were gone. When I tried to install the new VS2005,
it gave me a warning on COM+ when it checked the prerequirements, then it failed on installing.
1. Rename %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll to %WinDir%\System32\~Clbcatq.dll
3. Use regedit or regedt32 to delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3
4. At c:\, type cd \%windir%, Enter
5. rmdir /s Registration
6. Launch Add/Remove Programs, pick Add/Remove Window Components.
7. Click next, it will re-install COM+
7+, If IIS is installed, run "rundll32 %windir%\system32\inetsrv\wamreg.dll,CreateIISPackage"
Well, it may still fail, even failed at step 7. Reg